Sunday, March 22, 2009

It all started with an email...

Denise sent me an email titled "The Most Dangerous Cake Recipe" I opened it and was amazed to read about a recipe for a coffee mug chocolate cake. I was intrigued! Of course I must try this!




Mix 4 Tablespoons of flour and sugar.


Add in 2 Tablespoons of cocoa and mix well.


Mix in one large egg.


but don't use the whisk...too messy!


Stir in 3 Tablespoons of oil and milk and a splash of vanilla.
If you want you can mix in 3 Tablespoons of chocolate chips.
(I didn't have any)

This is me being very excited about the thought of chocolate cake!


Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes.



This rose to the top of the mug while cooking but sank after the cooking was done. Let is cool for a few minutes and then tip it out into a dish. Mine was a little rubbery so I drizzled it with Hershey's Syrup. I want to try the chocolate chips next time. It is an ugly cake but not too bad...I definitely think it will be something I will be experimenting! ;)

Here is the recipe:
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla
large coffee mug
Add the dry ingredients to the mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix well.
Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes
The cake will probably rise to the top or even past the top but will sink after the cooking stops.
Let it cool for a few minutes and then dump it into a plate or bowl.

I recommend that you drizzle with chocolate syrup and I think the vanilla ice cream would be a tasty addition!

Let me know if you try it and what you think of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried it once. Mine turned out a little rubbery, too, but it was pretty good. Maybe the cooking time needs to be reduced a tad? I put chocolate chips in mine, but they say you can also put nuts, caramels, coconut or marshmallows in it.