Monday, July 13, 2009

Yummy Dessert


I recently came across this recipe and though I would give it a try. It was called Easy Cobbler but I am not sure the texture is really like a cobbler. We really liked it and I am sure I will be using it again!

2 cans fruit pie filling ( I used Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry)
1 yellow or white cake mix ( I use Duncan Hines)
1 stick of butter

Pour the fruit into a 9x12 dish.
pour the cake mix on top of the fruit.
Slice the butter into thin pats and dot across the top of the mix.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. I took ours out after 30 minutes and wish I had let it cook a little longer. The edges were crispy and bubbly but the center was a little softer. There aren't any eggs in this so it's ok if it softer. I think it is just a preference!

***I made this tonight and actually cut it in half because I only had one can of pie filling. I used 1/2 the cake mix and 1/2 the butter. I put into a glass pie plate and because it was so rich I imagine that I will do this again***

If you give this a try, let me know! It was super tasty!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I used to make this all the time. My favorite is with the apple pie filling. Easy and yummy with ice cream! What could be better?!

Connie said...

I think this is the same thing that Sugar Pie used to make and called it "dump" cake.