Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Memories.....light the corners of my mind....

Home is not a place I go very often and even when I do so many things are so different. Life just goes on! I am not saying that everything should shut down or become stagnant but I believe that once you leave home for good...it's hard to imagine things being different. I say all of these things because, while I am happy with my life right now, going home always brings back so many memories. One of the things I miss the most about home is the HUGE sky we have. Yes, Odessa is ugly. Yes, the oil-field smells bad. Yes, people are a little different out here. But one things always stays the same and that is the sky. It is so vast, and huge, and basically indescribable. I took a few pictures on our way into town because a gorgeous sunset can make me cry and this was an amazing sunset. :)





Cool image of the wind turbines!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we do have some beautiful sunrises and sunsets here in West Texas!!! Hard to imagine not being able to enjoy seeing them. Would you mind emailing some of them to me so I can put them on my digital photo frame that I got for Christmas last year and never have set up. (hey....why get in a hurry?).

Nonni said...

I used to live not far from there -- outside El Paso. Funny, I miss your skies (and warmer temps!), and you wish you could wake up to my back garden view each day . . .

Come teach here, for a year, or forever. That's what brought me here. I teach middle school English.

Happy New Year.